Monday, May 13, 2013

Day 9--Weak Sauce and Watermelon


5/12, Sunday, -6.0 pounds total
"Everything is hard before it is easy."  Goethe
Celebrated Mother’s Day with an amazing, all-you-can-eat brunch and bottomless mimosas…  NOT!  Stuck to the juicing and smoothies for day 10 but I didn’t feel well for the first time in a long time.  I had a juice at 8:30 a.m., then a smoothie at noon, but by 3:45 p.m., I was feeling like a weak, wet noodle.  I was having trouble thinking—not a good thing when you have to know about 100 produce codes during the store rush at work. I actually had to take a quick break to down another juice before I keeled over.  It was probably the closest I’ve been to grabbing some chips and guacamole and eating something solid, just so I’d feel normal.  I fell into bed at 10 p.m., weak and exhausted.   

But, as I was falling asleep and thinking about my day, I realized that FOUR of my juices had been mainly fruit and only ONE had been mainly vegetables. I’m not sure how this happened…  Every other day, I’ve stuck with a 70/30 veggies/fruit ratio. I think the utter lack of energy I felt was due to the sugar crash I was experiencing.  Yes, even healthy, whole fruit contains sugar.  I’m back on the 70/30 formula tomorrow and I’ll see if that helps.  Otherwise, this journey may end sooner than I thought. 
 
In any case, I did try an amazing watermelon smoothie recipe--delicious for those times when you have a sweet tooth!  Just make sure you balance it out with 4-5 other juices that are mainly veggies.   Here's the link:
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments, suggestions, recipes--Thanks!